Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Cards

Merry Christmas,

Sending Christmas cards or actually Christmas letters is something I truly enjoy doing. I love the time of reflection and counting the years blessings. It's a time for me to reconnect with those I may have lost touch with through out the year. It brings me great joy to send and receive Christmas cards.

As I spent time this week addressing my many cards my mind wondered to the soldiers fighting for our freedoms and for our rights.

I began to wonder just how many Christmas cards they might receive this year. So I decided I would add a few to my list. I actually decided to send mine to the soldiers that were wounded in the war and recovering here State side. It was a great opportunity for our family to thank the men and women whom we have never met who sacrificed so much for us!

And now it is my hope that you would do the same.

When addressing your Christmas cards this year please consider sending one or more to this address.

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington , D.C. 20307-5001

Merry Christmas.

0 comments: