Monday, July 21, 2008

A Child Waits

On Saturday we hosted an adoption reunion here at our home. There were 4 families that were able to make it. We all meet in 2003 when we each started our adoption journey's. At the time only one of the 4 couples had a (bio) child. On Saturday the same 4 couples now had 9 children. 8 of which were all brought home from various countries and joined to our families through adoption. Had the additional 2 couples been able to make it there would have been another 6 children brought home through adoption. Unbelievable!



I spent that evening celebrating the joy of adoption, my life, and the cherished friends I made on the journey.



Before bed I checked my emails one last time and I received this real picture of real children STILL waiting to belong to their forever families the same way my children and those here on Saturday do. They long to know a mom and dad, to be held, to be tucked in, to be read a bedtime story....My heart aches for these waiting children...Please look at their picture and pray with me that they have a forever family and that they are united soon!

Children depicted are 3 and 4 year old boys and girls from the Nadvirna Children's Home in Nadvirna, Ukraine. Photo by Melanie Bevan.

0 comments: